Ten Advantages of Selling Your Home During The Holidays!
There are many advantages to selling your home during the holidays. I’ve compiled a list of the top 10 reasons to sell your home during the holidays and their unique benefits. Check out the list below.
1. There’s often less competition.
Most Sellers take their homes off the market during the Holidays, in the belief, there are no buyers. On the upside, properties with the less competition often sell at a higher price.
2. Buyers are serious.
People who look at properties during the Holidays are serious buyers and are often ready to make a decision and want to take advantage of interest rates that are still at historical lows
3. Your home shows better when it’s decorated.
If you decorate your home for the Holidays, it “Shows Better,” with the beautiful lights and festive colors associated with the season. A decorated house often tugs at a buyer’s emotions as they imagine their family in the home.
4. The holidays are an emotional time of the year.
Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays and often base their decision on the warmth and good feeling they receive when viewing your home. It’s the equivalent of staging your home.
5. Buyers have more time to look.
Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays because they have designated time off from work to purchase a home and year-end vacations.
6. Buyers are looking for last minute financial and tax reasons.
Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons.
7. You can take advantage of corporate transfers.
January is traditionally for transfers. Transferees can’t wait until the spring to buy. Your home must be on the market to capture these buyers.
8. You can always restrict showings during your family get-togethers.
You may restrict showings during your private family events and still take advantage of your spruced up and decorated “show ready” property.
9. You can sell now and delay closing until after the first of the year.
You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if you so desire and if agreeable to the other party.
10. Selling now would put you in a better position to take advantage of the spring market.
By selling now, you have an opportunity to buy during the Spring, when more properties are on the market. No need to delay your home search in the Spring while you wait to sell your current home.